Friday, March 25, 2011

Progesterone In Oil is the Devil

Overdramatic? Maybe. But true. First of all the side effects of PIO exactly mimick the early symptoms of pregnancy. So while you are trying to find hope in everything your body does it could all just be PIO tricking you. I have been on the injections for 9 days now and I am exhausted. I can't remember ever being this tired before. Not even before I got diagnosed with Crohn's and couldn't sleep through the night because of all the pain I was in. I slept 8 hours last night and yet right now I feel like I could sleep another 8 and still feel tired. It is noon and I am honestly thinking about taking a nap before work.

Every single muscle in my body aches. It feels like I worked out a little too hard and now everything is protesting. The worst is without a doubt my boobs. Just putting on a bra is pure torture. And those are just a couple of the side effects I am feeling. There is also the crabbiness, the headaches, and the slight nausea. All side effects of PIO, all symtpoms of being pregnant. It is a serious mind f*ck.

One week until my pregnancy test. I can make it till then, and this will all be worth it if it comes out the way I want it to. Ok, nap time.

4 comments:

  1. One week, yeah! Hang in there! I hate these PIO shots too. Our bodies have been working overtime through all of this so anytime we can catch a nap, I say we take advantage of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy ICLW! I am hoping it's not just the PIO that is doing it! Stay positive and rest up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy ICLW! Rest up and stay positive! Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping over from ICLW. I feel ya on the PIO. I don't think my behind will ever recover from those shots. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete