Sunday, March 6, 2011

Let's Get This Party Started!

That's right, it is time to get things started. Today is cycle day 1 of my very first (and hopefully only) IVF. After a lot of biting my nails Aunt Flow showed up, and only a day late (she loves to keep me in suspense). Tomorrow morning will be my baseline blood work and antral follicle count (a count of how many resting follicles are in the ovary before starting stims). I am ubber excited. I have been reading up on antral follicle counts and what they could mean to the outcome of an IVF cycle so that I will know what is going on tomorrow at the ultrasound (why hello dildo cam, I have totally missed you... no really... ok maybe not). I will update with all the details from the baseline appointment as soon as I get back home.

So just to catch everyone up in case you have missed something, let's take a trip down memory lane and look back at what brought us to this place:
1 year trying on our own.
7 rounds of Clomid, three with IUI.
1 round of Gonal F and back to back IUIs.
58 pounds lost since April 2010 (65 since January).
About 30 hours on the phone talking to (wanting to scream at) insurance people.
More tears than I can count, one complete emotional break down in my Human Resources lady's office.

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to stop by and wish you lots of luck with your IVF cycle! I hope it is your one and only cycle and that things go smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck with your first IVF. I also have had 3 IUI's like you. Just had my first IVF, unfortentely failed. But IVF is much better than IUI's. So a very good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete