So first things first, my baseline went well today. All my bloodwork came back normal so I got to start stims tonight (more on that later). I also had an ultrasound to count the number of resting follicles in my ovaries (antral follicle count). This is how the doctor determines the dose of drugs to start you out on, and it is also a good indicator of how many eggs may mature and make it for retrieval. I was a little disappointed in my antral follicle count. I was hoping for 10-15 but I only had 8 total, 4 on each ovary. I know that doesn't mean this won't work or that we won't get plenty of eggs. I was just hoping for a stronger number right off the bat.
So as for my stims, I am starting out on 225iu of Gonal F, 75 iu of Menopur and one baby aspirin a night. And yes, I did indeed mess up my first Menopur injection. The deal with Menopur is you have to draw up a solution and mix it with the powdered drug and then draw that back up to inject it. For some reason the first time I tried all this there was a huge ass air bubble in the syringe. When I tried to get it out a good amount of the drug squirted out too. Oopsie. Garry thought it would be ok, but I didn't want to risk it so I just tossed the first attempt and mixed another one, this time everything worked out perfectly, and I got both injections done with no other problems.
Now I go back on Wednesday for more bloodwork and then Friday I go back for yet more bloodwork and my first follicle check.