Monday, March 7, 2011

Baseline and I already messed up my meds...

So first things first, my baseline went well today. All my bloodwork came back normal so I got to start stims tonight (more on that later). I also had an ultrasound to count the number of resting follicles in my ovaries (antral follicle count). This is how the doctor determines the dose of drugs to start you out on, and it is also a good indicator of how many eggs may mature and make it for retrieval. I was a little disappointed in my antral follicle count. I was hoping for 10-15 but I only had 8 total, 4 on each ovary. I know that doesn't mean this won't work or that we won't get plenty of eggs. I was just hoping for a stronger number right off the bat.

So as for my stims, I am starting out on 225iu of Gonal F, 75 iu of Menopur and one baby aspirin a night. And yes, I did indeed mess up my first Menopur injection. The deal with Menopur is you have to draw up a solution and mix it with the powdered drug and then draw that back up to inject it. For some reason the first time I tried all this there was a huge ass air bubble in the syringe. When I tried to get it out a good amount of the drug squirted out too. Oopsie. Garry thought it would be ok, but I didn't want to risk it so I just tossed the first attempt and mixed another one, this time everything worked out perfectly, and I got both injections done with no other problems.

Now I go back on Wednesday for more bloodwork and then Friday I go back for yet more bloodwork and my first follicle check.

3 comments:

  1. good luck! good luck! good luck!

    I check your blog daily now for updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on your way!!! I hope to start stims in the next day or so... we should be so close in schedules with this cycle. How's the Menopur going? I've heard it really stings, but what can we do but suck it up and just do it? Maybe a little ice...? Following along and wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, somehow I missed the cupcake post but now I'm in total admiration. Those look divine, I am so impressed!

    ReplyDelete