Thursday, April 8, 2010

Wedding Cupcakes!

I was recently contacted by a very good friend about possibly doing cupcakes for her friend's wedding reception (thanks T!). I have emailed with the lucky bride several times now, and it looks like we will be meeting this Tuesday to do a taste testing and talk about designs.

The theme is Hawaii/Beach so I will be working on Pina Colada Cupcake recipes tomorrow and this weekend. I have some great ideas about doing sand covered cupcakes. I will also be making what I call a "cutting cake." Basically it is a small cake for the top tier of the cupcake tower that the bride and grown can do the traditional cutting of the cake.

I am so excited about the prospect of doing a wedding!!! I know it will be a big challenge, but I think I am up for the task. Plus it will be a great distraction for everything. I will post pics of the test cupcakes this weekend and update on the meeting next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment