So I had an ovary check yesterday at my RE, it didn't go so well. The way my RE's office works is that they do a pelvic exam to check the size and tenderness of the ovaries and if they seem large or tender then they make sure you get in for a CD3 ultrasound to see if there are cysts and how big they are. So I get in the stirrups and the Nurse does her thing. As soon as she starts feeling around on the right side I start wincing and she says "Oh yea the right one feels pretty heavy, I think you have a cyst in there." She explains that she will bring me back for a cd3 u/s and if there is a cyst still there we will have to sit out another cycle and take care of it. Are you freaking kidding me!?!?! Why does my body hate me? I just broke down in tears right there in he stirrups. The nurse was so nice, telling me it will be ok and she knows how hard this process is, but I am just so discouraged. I am hoping that between now and when I get my period the cyst in my right ovary shrinks so that we can move forward.
The good news is we will be increasing my Clomid dosage next cycle in hopes that my left ovary will get its head in the game. I am terrified that it still won't do anything, but my RE is very conservative and I am glad he is there to hold me back. If it was up to me I would probably say give me all the drugs you can and then we will deal with the consequences later.
Now, if you will allow me, I would like to take a minute to have a little pity party and do a little whining. Here is a list of things that have gone wrong this week...
- Slight Crohn's flare causing multiple trips to the bathroom and a liquid diet for two days
- Buldging disk in my back as a result haven't gotten a single thing done this week
- thanks to my bum back when I leaned over in my chair the other day to pick something up off the floor I fell over with the chair ontop of me and my head wedged against a wall, infront of three co-workers
- right tube blocked
- left ovary is lazy
- right ovary has a cyst
- Got a random bloody nose the other day
- And to top it all off I am fairly sure everyone at my job is mad at me because my doctor has put me on some restrictions and they have had to cover for me. I hate having people mad at me.
Ok I am even tired of hearing myself whine. So I am done now. Hopefully in a couple days there will be a new post about my upcoming cupcake experiment. So stay tuned!