Sunday, January 31, 2010

Thoughts for the day....

My remicade appointment is tomorrow and I just realized I feel great! For the past couple treatments I would start feeling horrid the week or two before hand, but not this time! I think the difference may be that I have switched to a low fiber diet. Before I wasn't really paying attention to what I ate. But now that I am trying to lose weight so that I can do IVF, I decided to also pay attention to my fiber intake. Apparently it is doing the trick!

Another piece of good news, in week one of my diet I lost 9.8 pounds! That is more than I have lost in the first week of any health kick I have gone on! I have done it mostly with the help of Sparkpeople.com and I started exercising, which I am not a fan of. Plus, I have adopted a new mantra. Every time I pass by a food I want to eat but is bad for I chant "I want a baby more than I want a cheese puff" or whatever food it is. So far it is working. I may even hang a pic of my baby nephew on my fridge so I can visualize what I am aiming for; to be a mom to a cute little baby.

Also, I have been brainstorming on themed posts I can do for the blog. Tomorrow I am going to do a day in the life of a Crohn's patient. It will basically be a picture story of going to get my Remicade treatment. I will probably also do one at some point for my IF stuff. Next week I will probably do "A Few of My Favorite Things" post in honor of my 28th birthday. I will post pictures and descriptions of all of my favorite things, mostly kitchen stuff probably.

So that is what is on my brain as I am sitting at work today bored out my gourd. I shall see you all tomorrow for a day in the life of a Crohn!

No comments:

Post a Comment