Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Favorite Cupcake Stuff...

Enough with all this sad sack infertility stuff, let's talk about baking! So I have been talking about doing a favorite stuff post, and finally here it is. I took a few pictures of some of my favorite gadgets and such and I will explain why they make my baking life easier!

- This is My favorite Vanilla Extract of all time! I get it at TJMaxx for $13, normally it is $20. I have been know to buy up all their bottles b/c it is not always in stock when I need it. The reason I love this particular Vanilla is because it is filled with Vanilla Seeds. You can see in this pic a ton of little black dots in the bottom of the bowl. Those are the vanilla seeds. It saves me a lot of time and money for recipes that call for scrapping vanilla beans. and even in recipes that don't call for scrapping vanilla beans it adds a ton of flavor compared to normal vanilla extract you get in the store.

- Going along with vanilla extract another thing I love is Vanilla Sugar, it is super easy to make. Just cut a couple vanilla beans in half length wise and stick them in an air tight container with a pound sugar, and shake! It makes the sugar smell amazing. It is great in all kinds of baked goods and even coffee or tea.

- This is one of my favorite gadgets. It is a New Metro Design Beater Blade. they come in different sizes for different mixers, and they are awesome! It completely eliminates the need to scrap down the sides of the bowl. The best part is they aren't too pricey. On Amazon one goes for about 22 bucks. Not too shabby!

- And the last thing for today's post is cake flour. I really don't care about brand, just whatever is available at your local store. Cake flour helps to keep your cupcakes light and fluffy with a smaller crumb then normal all purpose flour.

So there are just a few of my favorite things in the kitchen. I will most likely do another of these in a couple weeks when I get some time as I have a ton of other gadgets I want to rave about. Happy Baking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment