Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Yay... about to start up again!!!

First a couple pieces of good news on the weight loss front. Thanks to the last four days of being sick and barely being able to eat I am now down 25 pounds since April! And I went to my GI doc yesterday (everything on the Crohn's front is fine) and since my last check up with him i have lost 33 pounds! yay! I must say as much as I am annoyed with my body right now I am pretty proud that I am still doing so well with the weight loss. I can't remember the last time I was down to this weight.

Onto the fertile front... I had my consult with Dr. F today. We are not going to do a lap. He said that based off what I have told him about my symptoms, if I do have endo it would be a pretty minor case. It said that the Remicade infusions actually probably help with Endo if i do have it, so the only good a lap would do is to remove endo if I do have it, and that would only help if I planned on doing a lot more IUIs.

Instead we only want to do 1 more IUI. I don't want to waste all my insurance coverage on IUIs. So we are moving onto injectables starting the end of August/beginning of September. When I get my next period in about two weeks I will call the RE's office and go in for a lesson on giving myself injections. Then around cd 22 I will start Lupron to suppress my ovaries, then when I get my period again I will start with either follistom or Gonal-F and we will continue that until it is time to trigger. The goal will be to produce 3 good sized follies. If we get over 5 he will cancel our cycle.

If this IUI doesn't work than that is it for IUIs. Hopefully we would be able to start IVF in January or February. It all depends on whether or not I keep up my current rate of weight loss. I am really hopeful for this IUI though. I trying not to get too excited, but i can't help it. I have been completely hopeless for the past four months, I just want to have some hope back.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your IUI! I hope this gives you your sticky bfp!
    Thoughts and prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete