Monday, January 9, 2012

Baseline Appointment

I had my baseline today, and it actually went better than expected. My E2 level was a little higher than I would have liked, but not too bad considering my diagnosis. It is supposed to be between 25-75, the higher the number typically the harder you are to stim. I came in at 63.

My ultrasound was pretty painful. If you have been following my story you know that the techs can have a hard time finding my ovaries, especially my left. No different this time. The right was fairly easy, and it had 5 antral follicles (or resting follicles), which is really good for me. The left one was being a little bitch though. Hiding right behind a loop of bowel. The tech was poking and prodding and pushing at my stomach all at the same time. And I had really bad cramps at the time. But she eventually got a peek and thought she saw 5 antral follicles there too. Ten Antral Follicles! That is more than I have ever had! The good luck bracelet my friend gave me yesterday must be working!

So I got the go ahead from my nurse to start stims. I jumped right in tonight with 675iu Gonal F. I go back Thursday morning for the first follicle check, and then next Monday I will start driving down to New Jersey for my appointments. I am exhausted just thinking about the next few weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for a great follicle count :) Wishing you lots of luck with your upcoming cycle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope this is it for you! You're about a week ahead of me with starting stims; I'll be stalking you! :)

    ReplyDelete