Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Ick...

Ugh, I have been fighting a cold for about a week now, and it sucks! I am a huge wimp when it comes to things like being sick. But this cold could not have come at a worse time. I was right on the edge of losing 15 pounds, but since I can't breathe right now I can't exactly work out, so I am stalled at 13 for now. I am kinda proud that I haven't made a pig of myself since I have been sick though. Normally I would be sitting on the couch drowning my sick sorrows in ice cream and ramen noodle.

I am going to be doing an insane amount of driving this weekend. I am driving to visit my Aunt 6 hours away on Friday, then coming back Sunday night and driving 6 hours the opposite direction to pick up our new puppy on Monday. Feeling like crud is not going to help with the whole non-stop driving thing.

In the more bad news front, it is looking like the wedding I did a cupcake tasting for is not going to work out in my favor. After the last round of samples I emailed the bride to see how everything was and she said the cupcakes tasted great, and she had one more tasting and then would get back to me. It's been over two weeks and I haven't heard anything, so I am assuming I didn't get it. I am pretty disappointed, I thought I had it locked up considering I offered them half of what cupcakes normally cost for a wedding since I am so new at this. Oh well, I guess that is two vacation days I can use for something else.

I am hoping my hubby is going to be able to put in his two weeks notice at his current job in the next couple weeks. In between his training for the new job and work and trying to get time in with our various families and friends I feel like I never see him. I am so ready for this whole thing to but solidified and for him to be working one job again. Unfortunately the start date keeps changing for the new job. A lot of when it starts relies on the State government, and right now they are dragging their feet big time. It is very frustrating. For him too, I know he is miserable at the current job and just wants to be able to get away from there.

I hate having so much stuff just up in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment