As of today I am 8weeks 3 days pregnant. It is still hard to believe this is happening. But just when I start to think that it was all a dream, the constant nausea hits and I believe again. I must say I have never been so happy to feel so miserable. I know lots of people like to know what symptoms women feel, so here are mine:
- I am nauseous most of the day, but haven't thrown up yet. I came close once but only gagged.
- I have serious food aversions. Anything meat related is completely revolting, same with spicy food. Mostly I can only eat carbs. I am hoping this turns around soon because I know I am not getting the nutrition I need. Cracker have become my best friend.
- I am exhausted 24/7. It doesn't matter if I slept ten hours the night before, I still feel like I need a nap my 11am.
- I am super gassy. Thankfully Garry has no problem with girls farting.
- I have sore nipples, but it isn't so bad that I notice it all the time, only if something hits them by accident.
- I have a horrible metallic taste in my mouth all the time. It changes the way foods I used to love taste. I chew gum all the time and brush my teeth about four times a day.
That is about it. I haven't felt any real cramping, and thankfully I haven't had any spotting.
My first appointment with my new OB is this Thursday. I am excited and a little nervous. I know I most likely will not get another ultrasound until I am about 12-13 weeks along. It is going to drive me nuts not knowing what is going on in there.
That brings me to my first ultrasound. It revealed that we have one little jelly bean taking residence in my belly! I am incredibly excited! We got to see the little heartbeat and everything. It was the best thing ever, I couldn't stop crying. Garry was chill as usual during the ultrasound, but I know he is excited. He seems to have already convinced himself that the baby is going to be a girl. Weirdo.
I love that he just has complete faith that the whole pregnancy is going to go fine and there will be no problems. I wish I could be like that. I am constantly in fear that this all will end at any moment.
Here is a picture of the little jelly bean: